I had some jewelry that I did not expect to get much for, and was pleasantly surprised by the offer I received! The process was easy and safe, and I would definitely recommend SellYourGold.com to anyone. I'm very pleased with the customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where to sell your wedding ring: The Birds and the Bees
While we won't be able to tell you what you ever saw in him or why you have a broken engagement, we can answer your questions about how & where to sell your engagement & wedding rings and other break-up jewelry with our simple and straightforward service.
We understand that when you sell a diamond engagement ring or other "ex" jewelry, it's not an everyday experience, so you’ll probably have questions about the OutOfYourLife.com™ process and how to sell your engagement ring. There are other places where you can sell engagement rings, wedding rings and other fine jewelry, such as local pawnshops and jewelry stores, but we believe selling to OutOfYourLife.com will give you the fairest prices and the most comfortable overall experience.
Request Your Free Kit
- Why is OutOfYourLife.com the best way to sell my fine jewelry?
In addition to always offering fair prices for your jewelry, OutOfYourLife.com enables Read More >>
- Is it safe to send my engagement ring and other fine jewelry through the mail?
Yes. OutOfYourLife.com and its affiliated companies have developed a reliable submission process Read More >>
- How do I know I will get the best prices?
Our parent company, OutOfYourLife.com, has spent many years cultivating relationships with top buyers Read More >>
- Will my jewelry be safe and insured while in your possession?
Absolutely. The Break-Up Box we mail you has multiple barcode signatures to identify your jewelry throughout the selling process. Read More >>
- Does OutOfYourLife.com report my transaction to the Internal Revenue Service?
No. OutOfYourLife.com has no responsibility to report purchases, or parties from whom we purchase, to the IRS.
- What about selling to a pawnshop or a local jeweler?
We believe selling to OutOfYourLife.com will give you the best overall experience for selling your engagement ring or other high-end jewelry. Read More >>
- Can I get it back?
Absolutely! Simply call 1-800-220-3500 and your item will be returned free of charge once it reaches our offices. Read More >>
- Could a stolen item of mine have been sold to OutOfYourLife.com?
It is very unlikely. The most important reason is that OutOfYourLife.com renders payment not with cash, but rather with a company check. Read More >>
- Can you give me an exact price on my engagement ring before seeing it?
Unfortunately, we cannot. There are too many variables that affect values. Read More >>
- How do you determine the amount paid for my jewelry?
The purchase price of your jewelry is based on the quality, size, rarity, value and marketability of each item as objectively determined by jewelry buying experts.
- Do you buy broken jewelry or an engagement ring that's missing a stone?
Yes! We accept both damaged and orphaned items.
- Do you remove stones to appraise and price items?
No. OutOfYourLife.com uses state-of-the art equipment to appraise the jewelry we receive without disturbing stones. Read More >>
- What if I'm not sure if a diamond is real or fake?
You may submit any items that look like precious metals or stones. Read More >>
- How will I receive my payment?
Once you submit your jewelry using the secure, postage-paid Break-Up Box, experienced appraisers will carefully assess the value we will pay for each item and promptly mail you a check.
- How long will it take to receive my payment?
Upon arrival of your submitted Break-Up Box, the processing and issuing of your check will be completed promptly (usually within 48 hours). Read More >>
- What if I'm not satisfied with my payment?
If you are not absolutely satisfied with your payment and would like your items back, simply notify us at 1-800-220-3500 within Read More >>
- How do I sell my engagement ring?
It's incredibly easy to sell your engagement ring or any unwanted jewelry through OutOfYourLife.com. Read More >>
- Is the OutOfYourLife.com Break-Up Box free?
Yes. The Break-Up Box is absolutely free upon your request. You may order as many as you need online or by calling 1-800-220-3500. Read More >>
- Where do I send my Break-Up Box?
Your Break-Up Box is pre-addressed and postage-paid. Read More >>
- How do I use the Break-Up Box?
Your Break-Up Box will arrive at the address you provide with an Item Submission Form. Read More >>
- Is the Break-Up Box insured if it gets lost?
If you send us items in a prepaid OutOfYourLife.comSM Break-Up Box, Read More >>
- What if all my items don't fit in the Break-Up Box?
We will gladly send you additional submission boxes. Please call 1-800-220-3500.
- Can I use my own packaging?
Yes, but you must include in your packaging the Item Submission Form provided in your Break-Up Box. OutOfYourLife.comSM uses the barcode on this inventory sheet to identify and track your items. Should you decide to use your own packaging, you are responsible to insure your items.
- How do I know you received my jewelry?
7- 10 business days after the date you mail your Break-Up Box, you'll be Read More >>